Sunday, January 22, 2012

Little Girl's Birthday Card

A very special little girl in my life has a birthday coming up!  She lives several thousand miles away, and by some miracle, I remembered in plenty of time to whip a card up for her and get it in the mail so it would be there before her big day.

I tend to gravitate toward somewhat simple designs for my cards, and this one was no exception.  I didn't go for fancy or elegant or impressive.  My only goal was to make it something that I thought a two-year-old girl would think was pretty.  Hopefully I succeeded!


I made a 6x6 card out of Colonial White cardstock, then used one of the papers from the Sophia paper packet from last year's Spring/Summer Idea Book for the front.  I stamped Megan's name using the Bohemian Alphabet with Hollyhock ink, and cut those out by hand with my craft knife.  I then backed them with Pear cardstock (also from the Sophia packet) and used that same Pear color to make the "2" with my Cricut and the Alphalicious cartridge.

Just because I thought a little girl might get a kick out of it, I also stuck pearl embellishments on a few of the dots on the front of the card.  Last but not least, I used my Card Chatter: Birthday stamp set to add a special happy birthday message inside.

I hope she likes it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment