Thursday, January 19, 2012

Operation Smile

Did you know that every time you order from my Close to My Heart website, you also donate to Operation Smile?!  Part of the proceeds from every order placed with CTMH go straight to Operation Smile, an organization dedicated to providing free corrective facial surgery to children around the world who were born with birth defects like cleft lip and cleft palate.  A child is born in our world with one of these conditions every three minutes, and the majority don't have the resources available to correct them.  The result is a facial deformity that makes them feel ugly, opens them up to bullying from other kids (and some adults!), and can cause lifelong physical and emotional issues.


I'm finicky about what charities I am willing to support.  I'm here to tell you that this one is outstanding!  For a better idea of what Operation Smile does, go HERE.

We at CTMH are looking to give our friends at Operation Smile a little boost in the next few weeks with some extra donations!  If you're interested in helping, simply place an order on my CTMH site, or contact me directly to make a cash donation if you prefer.  It takes as little as $240 to provide a free surgery to a child and change his or her life forever.  Let's help out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment