Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Thank You Card in Sonoma


Yes, I know, the Sonoma paper pack is from the last Idea Book!  However, I am still absolutely in love with it, and the fine folks at CTMH were wise enough to carry it over to the new Idea Book so that we can still enjoy it.  I've been on a Sonoma streak, as it were, but I think it's coming to an end... for now!


I wanted to drop a line to my son's pediatrician to thank her for all she's done for us.  It's a long story, but suffice it to say she's really wonderful and I just don't know what we'd do without her.  What better reason to make a card, right?  I hope she likes it.


I cut the card itself from the Smokey Plum cardstock in my Sonoma paper packet.  Of course I used the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to do the work for me!  (How else could I get those corner flourishes so perfect?!)  I cut it at 5-1/2" because I had 6" x 6" envelopes handy.  I attached a piece of B&T Duos paper, also from my Sonoma paper packet, to the back side of the front of the card so that it peeks through the cutouts.

Next I used my Just for You stamp set to stamp the flower on Bamboo cardstock from the Sonoma kit.  I attached the center round piece with foam tape for a little dimension. After I cut the flower out by hand, I realized I hadn't needed to do that; the flower shape is on the Art Philosophy cartridge, so I could have had my Cricut do the work for me!  Silly me.  Next, I relied on my cartridge again to cut out the piece of Bamboo cardstock for my sentiment.  I used a stamp from the February 2012 Stamp of the Month set for my sentiment on this card.

Next came the stitching, which I (obviously!) did by hand.  My trusty CTMH ruler is equipped with perfectly-spaced holes for marking where to stitch, so that was easy.  I stitched around the edge with New England Ivy embroidery floss.

Finally, I lined the right side of the inside of the card with a piece of Bamboo cardstock cut just smaller than the card itself to leave the Smokey Plum border.  I stamped "Thank You" there, wrote my personal message, and added my special trademark to the back of the card.

Next up, time to get cracking on Easter projects!  What do you have on your crafting to-do list?

0 comments:

Post a Comment