Monday, August 13, 2012

Oh Pemberley, How I Love Thee!

Back in this post, I showed you the very first scrapbook page I did for my son's scrapbook.  (He'll be two next month.  Ha!  The plumber's house always has leaks, ya know.)

Last week, I decided I just couldn't let the rest of my Pemberley kit sit there ignored!  On to the first two-page layout of his album.  For those who don't know, our son is adopted.  His birthmother - with whom we enjoy a wonderful open adoption - invited me to be in the delivery room for his birth.  It was the most incredible experience I have ever had and probably ever will have!  I will forever be grateful to her for allowing me to be a part of something that I am not able to do on my own.

Anyway, I only explain that here to indicate why there are no labor photos, and why I am fully dressed immediately after he's born.  It's a day I will never, ever forget.


Aidan's birthmom asked the hospital to give me a wristband so that I could go with our son into the nursery immediately after he was born to bond and get to know one another.  Did I mention that she is an amazing woman?!  In the layout below, you see me giving him his very first bottle... under the watchful eyes of a nurse standing by.  What a special moment.


I'm so happy that Pemberley is a kit that carried over to the new Idea Book.  It's beautiful and so versatile!

Every paper shape you see on this two-page layout, besides the plain rectangles, was cut with my CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.  It makes such easy work of even complicated designs.  I didn't do much stamping on this layout; the ones on the lower left corner of the second page are from the (now retired) CTMH set called Adoption.  And the yellow horizontal stripe with the sentiment on it, that travels from the left page to the right one, is a zip strip from one of the Pemberley papers.  I love how CTMH makes use of every little bit of paper!

0 comments:

Post a Comment